- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of New Hampshire, 1977, cum laude
- Master of Education in Counseling, University of New Hampshire, 1984
- Juris Doctorate, University of Maine School of Law, 1987, cum laude
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- 2005 Recipient New England Bar Association Significant Achievement Award
- 2007 Recipient Maine State Bar Association Family Law Achievement Award
- Gustafson Family Law was named a Tier 1 firm in Maine for Family Law
by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” 2014.
- Kristin A. Gustafson has been listed in The Best Lawyers® in America in the specialty of family law
every year since 2009.
- Kristin has attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating in the Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register, was listed in the Inaugural Edition of the Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers™ in 2011 and was listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers™ in 2012 and 2013.
Professional Service to the Legal Profession
- Member, Advisory Committee on the Maine Rules of Civil Procedure (2010 to 2016)
- Member, Advisory Committee on the Maine Rules of Professional Conduct (2011 to 2018)
- Vice Chair, Family Law Advisory Commission (1996-2000)
- Treasurer, Maine State Bar Asssociation, (1995-1998)
- Director, New England Bar Association (1996 – 1999)
- Chair, Maine State Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee (1997-2011)
- Member, American Bar Association Judicial Performance Evaluation Committee (2003-2004)
- President, Kennebec County Bar Association (1998-2000)
Continuing Legal Education Seminar Presentations
- MSBA Family Law Institute: Spousal Support, 2000, 2006 and 2011; Marital Property, 2015
- MSBA Legal Year in Review- Family Law, 1995, 1996, 2001, 2003, 2005-2012
- Maine Trial Lawyers Assn. The Divorce Trial-2005